|Children with ADHD
Sierra Vista has developed a special program to provide intervention and support to the child coping with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Services are designed to promote the child's success in the home, school and community. Our services include:
- Assessment and diagnosis/psychological evaluation
- Case management
- Individual and family counseling
- Parent education groups / individualized parent skills training
- Medication services / medication education groups
- Coordination and consultation with primary care physician
- School consultation and advocacy
- Children's skill building groups
- Cross cultural services
What is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?
Each year 3% to 5% of families with school age children are affected by ADHD. The behaviors accompanied by ADHD are very difficult to manage at home and at school, creating significant problems for children, parents and teachers. Sierra Vista Child & Family Services can help your family with this troubling disorder.
How do we know it's ADHD?
Distractibility - inability to pay attention, short attention span, makes careless mistakes, doesn't seem to be listening.
Impulsivity - acting before considering the consequences, interrupting, aggression and blurting out answers to questions.
Hyperactivity - behaviors such as: constant fidgeting, running about the classroom, difficulty playing with others.
Children with ADHD may demonstrate one, two, or all three of these types of behaviors. The ADHD Clinic emphasizes a treatment model that addresses the multiple difficulties faced by children and families affected by this disorder. Successful treatment of ADHD requires all treatments taken together to address social, academic and emotional difficulties. Most importantly, we provide support and understanding of the challenges facing children and families affected by ADHD.
- Marriage & Family Therapist / Clinical Social Worker
- Case Managers
- Nurse Practitioner
- Child Psychiatrist / Clinical Psychologist
916 McHenry Avenue
Modesto, CA 95350
Other Service Locations:
2925 Niagra Street
Turlock, CA 95382